Overview Of: Actress Toyin Abraham advises Women to support their Husbands Financially
Nollywood actress, Toyin Abraham has penned down an advice to women on how they can support their spouses during this time of coronavirus pandemic.
Taking to Instagram, the beautiful mother of one advised wives to support their husbands and not allow them bear the financial responsibilities alone.
She said this period is a critical one because a lot of businesses have been affected, adding that people should be more rational and conservative when it comes to spending.
“Dear #ToyinTitans, let’s discuss something real quick. I know that it is an open secret that this pandemic has crippled businesses and even affected the economy of many nations including ours, as citizens, family, business owners, civil servants, job seekers, etc. how do we survive now and most importantly after? *By Planning ó!*
1. It is important to first acknowledge that things are not the same. Doing that will help us to be more realistic in our decisions.
2. Let’s rationalise and be conservative – this is not the time to financially overdo or satisfy every craving we have. Plan everything. It’s important to prioritise needs over wants. You’ll attend to all of your wants when things get better. Ẹ jọ, ẹ jẹ a manage.
3. As families, this is not the time to separate resources but to combine it. Let’s do our bits as wives and not leave it all to our husbands. It’ll help our savings.
4. As business owners, I know we all feel it differently but whatever business we run, let’s stay hopeful, do our best to maximize our social media pages for more advert, reach out to our customers, be very considerate if we must ask them for our balance (things are hard all over).
5. As civil servants, let’s also remember to save more than we spend. Let’s also try to settle our debts wherever we’ve promised. We all need one another to survive this time.
6. As job seekers/students/creative people, let’s take advantage of this period to learn as much as we can on the online space. Let’s see how we can make money legitimately from providing services online
7. Lastly, ẹyin tèmi, if we must go out to find our daily bread, let’s go out for that purpose only and come back within the stipulated hours. Let’s also use our face masks, wash our hands, maintain social distancing and use hand sanitizers. Níbi tí a ti ń wá oúnjẹ, a ó ní pàdé nnkan to má jẹ wá ó, Àmín.
Let us all try our best to support small business in any way we can. Lágbára Ọlọ́run, the government will find a cure soon and we will all come out victorious at the end of the day. Amen.”