Handsome and talented Wale is an American rapper with a Nigerian roots.
Wale is simply versatile, he is a singer, rapper, songwriter and actor.
He rose to fame in 2006 with his self produced song “Dig Dug (Shake it).
He is one of the best international artist being featured and has featured Nigerian music stars such as Wizkid, Davido and Olamide.
Here are the 10 interesting things you probably don’t know about him.
1. Wale’s full name is Olubowale Victor Akintimehin.
2. He was born on September 21, 1984 in Washington, D.C., U.S.
3. His parents are from the Southwester part of Nigeria most especially from the Yoruba ethnic group of which they both came from Austria to the United States in 1979.
4. Wale went to Quince Orchard High School in Gaithersburg, Maryland. He proceeded to Robert Morris University and Virginia state University on football scholarships, he then moved to Bowie state University which he later dropped out due to academic reasons.
5. He has a cousin named Gbenga Akinnagbe, an actor known for his role as Chris Partlow on HBO’s The Wire.
6. He first recorded the track “Ryme of the country” which became his first song to ever played on the local radio and rose to fame with the hit song “Dig Dug (Shake It)”.
7. He first signed with Interscope Records in 2008, for $1.3 million where he released his debut album “Attention Deficit” and later signed with Rick Ross Maybach Music Group.
8. Wale has four albums; Attention Deficit (2009), Ambition (2011), The Gifted (2013), The Album About Nothing (2015), Shine (2017) and had released three Extended Plays in 2018; Its Complicated, Self Promotion, Free Launch.
9. He has shown that he is an avid fan of wrestling having made several wrestling references on his songs. He had also made several appearances on WWE television where he hosted a rap battle between The New Day and The Usos on the 4th of July episode of Smack down Lve in 2017.
10. Wale has won numerous awards such as Best Collaboration at Bet Awards (2012), Best lub Banger for ‘No Hands’ at Bet Hip Hop Awards (2011), Best International Artist at Nigeria Entertainment Awards (2010) and Best Hip Hop Song of the Year for ‘Bad feat. Tiara Thomas at Soul Train Awards (2013).
Wale who signed a lucrative deal with Nike in 2013, made his earnings from record sales, tours and shows. According to Forbes, his net worth is estimated at a sum of $6 million dollars.