Dillian Whyte reacts as his fight with Otto Wallin is cancelled
Dillian Whyte has said he is “devastated” after his fight against Otto Wallin was cancelled.
The bout which was scheduled for October 30 if off, after the British heavyweight contender suffered a shoulder injury.
Whyte has now been forced to withdraw from his WBC interim title defense against Wallin.
The 33-year-old is currently the front runner to challenge WBC champion Tyson Fury, who was ordered to make a mandatory defense against the WBC interim champion earlier this month.
“I am devastated as I had a great camp, was in great shape, and had great sparring.
“I was looking forward to knocking Wallin out and would have done so in the first half of the fight.
“I am devastated about not being able to fight on October 30 but I want to thank everyone for all of their support,” Whyte told Sky Sports.