OVERVIEW OF: Schoolgirls’ abduction: Bello Matawalle closes down boarding schools in Zamfara
The Zamfara State government has closed down all boarding schools after the abduction of 317 schoolgirls of Government Girls Secondary School, Jangebe.
Briefing newsmen in Government House Gusau, on Friday, Governor Bello Matawalle explained that the schools must remain shut down until the security situation has improved in Zamfara.
He said, “We have no alternative than to close down all boarding schools so as to douse the fear being entertained by parents and guardians due to the recent abduction of the schoolgirls in Jangebe.
“We are, however, doing everything possible to rescue the children and reunite them with their families.
“We have already drafted two helicopters with a view to locating the children and rescue them.”
Recall that the Zamfara State Police Command has disclosed that about three-hundred and seventeen (317) students were abducted from the Government Girls Science Secondary School Jangebe, Zamfara.
The Zamfara Police Commissioner, CP Abutu Yaro, speaking to newsmen, said a joint search and rescue operation had been dispatched to rescue the 317 students kidnapped