Overview Of: SHOCKING!: Wedding Guests Died of Food Poison in Katsina State
One Bilkisu Surajo, 20, and Ibrahim Sani,13 have died after they consumed food suspected to be laced with poisonous substances at a wedding in Katsina.
The Katsina State Police Command while confirming the incident on Thursday said that 19 victims who consumed the food at a wedding which was held in Mani local government area of the State were rushed to the hospital and two persons lost their lives at the hospital.
SP Gambo Isah, the command’s spokesman, said in a statement made available to newsmen in Katsina that the command already arrested two people suspected to be involved in the food poisoning.
He said, “On April 4, 2020, the Divisional Police Officer (DPO), Mani Division, received a complaint that one Musa Suleiman, 25, of Ali Yaba village, conspired with one Shafa’atu Sirajo, 20, and administered a noxious substance, popularly known as “Zaqami” in the food that was served to the guests at a wedding.
“Consequently, 19 persons that ate the food, fell sick and became unconscious.
“The DPO and his team rushed the victims to Mani General Hospital for medical treatment.
”Two of the victims Bilkisu Surajo, 20, and Ibrahim Sani, 13, were confirmed dead by the attending physician, while the remaining victims were admitted for treatment.
Isah said the command had arrested the two suspects, who would be arraigned in court on the conclusion of investigations NAN reports.